currently offers these courses -
Embroidery Certificate and Diploma
Machine Embroidery - levels 1 and 2
Patchwork and Quilting
. Creative Sketchbooks
Distant Stitch provides a personal, stimulating and enjoyable way of learning.
- All our Courses are ONLINE Courses and are presented in modular stages.
- The Modules use straightforward text, easy to follow diagrams and full colour pages to guide students.
- Our tutors write their own Courses; they guide their students individually, building on their particular strengths and providing detailed written feedback in a constructive and sensitive manner. They will be your personal tutor throughout the course.
- You will enrol online, download your Course Modules from our website and communicate with your tutor by email.
- Your coursework will be posted onto a blog for tutorial feedback.
We offer a Distant Stitch Award which each student will receive on successful completion of each of our courses.
Our Distant Stitch Award is recognised as being one that denotes a high quality level of achievement and is one you will be proud to have.
Our reputation of offering high quality design and textile education is recognised by the UK Embroiderers' Guild, City and Guilds of London and our large number of satisfied students.
Until recently we offered our students the option to register with City and Guilds.
These courses have now been withdrawn from the City and Guilds series of subjects.
We regret that we are no longer able to offer the C&G qualification to our students.
Distant Stitch Courses, tutorial responses and administration systems have always been acknowledged as being excellent by City and Guilds.
Please click the images above to see all our individual Courses, Module details and prices.
If you have any further queries we will be happy to answer them if you click here.